Monday, April 19, 2010

URGENCY, Knowing is not enough, we must apply!

What a great week we had this last week. Sorry my e-mail is late we had zone training yesterday and it was a crazy night and we had to prepare for another zone training day today in Poole and then we had a short exchange with the elders in Poole and I was able to go by and teach Joan Caines, one of the ladies that Elder Roberts and I were able to teach and see baptized. She is doing so well and is happy and progressing well in the gospel and going strong. The ZoKo's we had this last week were really good, President taught us a lot about planning and how this can help us fulfill our purpose and what is most important when it comes to this important things in missionary work. Sister Shamo taught a lot about virtue and shared a great story from church history about Joseph Smith and blessing little children in one instance there was 27 that he was called on to administer to and bless, as this happened he could not finish. The next day someone came to him and asked him what had happened. Joseph responded that so much virtue went out of me that I could no longer do them. He then related this to the experience to the time when the women with the blood problem touched the hem of his garment and he felt virtue leave him...Luke 8:46. She taught us how important this is to have such virtue in order to allow it to touch someone else's life in such a way as the Savior did so it might have the effect of healing them. This I found was a very interesting thought and topic for discussion and thing to ponder upon. I talked about urgency and using our time wisely and changed and altered a scripture that I will send a copy attached for you to read. I really learned that how we view things and how we feel about it largely can determine the outcome of the said event or things we were trying to accomplish. If we feel urgent and understand what is most important and apply these things to our work, no matter what it is there will be more success I know because I have seen it and experienced it for myself it is truth. We also had a great opportunity to go to a stake conference in Plymouth where they were changing the stake presidency around. Elder Wickmen of the 1st quorum of the seventy was there and also Elder Ford an area seventy. On Saturday night when we were there dropping off some missionaries after and exchange that was amazing, I was in the chapel and started to talk to this nice lady and then this other nice lady come over and was talking with us and she had a American accent, I asked them what their names were and they just happened to be the wives of both the general authorities. They were so kind and sweet and gave me some advice about life and what not we had a good laugh together. Now the next day I was so blessed to see some people from RedRuth! I was able to see Hanna and Freda. It was so good to see all those old friends and people that helped me right when I came out as a missionary. We then were blessed with a great meeting with many amazing testimonies, and then were instructed by both of these awesome servants of god. Something in what Elder Wickmen said to us really hit home and touched me. He said we are virtually all the same and are here for the same things, Though we might be called to serve in different ways and capacities that never makes us higher or better than anyone else, it doesn't mean God loves us more or even that he really trust us more. It just is something at some point in time given to us to learn and grow and become what God wants us to become.
“ And when the priests left their labor to impart the word of God unto the people, the people also left their labors to hear the word of God. And when the priest had imparted unto them the word of God they all returned again diligently unto their labors; and the priest, not esteeming himself above his hearers, for the preacher was no better than the hearer, neither was the teacher any better than the learner; and thus they were all equal, and they did all labor, every man according to his strength.”Alma 1:26
To get others to follow the true path a real leader must be willing to follow the same path to which he is inviting the learning to follow. Go and do and invite others to follow. This is the method of the Savior the great master teacher. This really hit home as he spoke and I really love all that was said in those meetings.
I feel that the Lord has blessed me so much beyond what I feel I deserve, he has been too kind and too gracious. For this I praise him and his name forever. God guides us and answers our pleas and cries, He loves us, and he truly and fully loves us more than our minds can comprehend. I feel that love and know that it all comes from him and was manifest in a great way in the sacrifice of his only begotten son. Jesus Christ is more than what we think or believe he is more that what the words might be able to describe. I love him, what a big brother. We can’t ask for more than what we have already been given to us of God. This is the truth; this is in the only true church. The doctrine is all pure and true and it is amazing and provides joy and peace to my soul and mind. I love you all thank you for all you do and say and all your prayers. You’re the best! That is so cool Maria came and saw you all!!! I hope you had fun. Tell everyone hi and not to go back to being who they were before the mission....ha-ha they never would I know. Yeah Bracken, that is so amazing to hear and that will be sweet for Chandler. Yes p-days are more like p-hours when we have time or what not....it is worth it though!!!
Everyone is doing great that I have served with; I get to see them all often now and sometimes work with them. I was with Elder Zimmer on exchange this last weekend it was awesome. He and Elder Orme are going home in about 4 weeks.....ahhh its all going too fast. Have a great week.
I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” Leonardo da Vinci

Much love from
Elder Garren Allred

No comments: