Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Miracle's Never Cease



This is the first part of my letter to President Shamo.
What an amazing week it was for Elder Bång and myself. We were able to see the hand of the Lord in literally everything we did. My heart is full of gratitude for the many things he has done for me always as one of his missionaries. He has blessed me way more than I deserve, and I always try to repay him somehow but it just never works. One great thing I learned this last week was the power of faith and the amazing feelings that come as you totally and completely lose yourself in the service of others in a very real and up close and personal way. I love talking to others and learning from them and trying to understand where they are coming from and how the gospel can help them in one way or another. The people that we were able to meet and teach are so wonderful.  I will forever remember this our first week in the Redhill/Reigate area. Thank you so much president for allowing us to work there, it is such a blessing and a joy to be doing in essence the exact same thing all the other missionaries are doing. We are so excited to do as the savior did and lead by what we do rather than what we say to them. I heard the quote again a few weeks ago of “I want my actions to speak so loud that you can’t even hear what I am saying.“ We feel so strongly that this will really help them see that it is possible and as well as give them real ways they can do things by us already trying them out in our area. As I reflect and realize my time is drawing to a close, I am torn, my heart is sorrowful for knowing I have to leave for a time these people in England. I have grown to love them so much and care for them and have seen them in some ways in the way our Father in Heaven sees them. They have so much happiness and joy and great things waiting for them if they but follow the truth that God has revealed. I see so many not happy, families in distress and I know this what we are teaching is exactly what they need to find what they are looking for and nothing else. I want to keep helping them find it and leaven them makes me feel a little sad yet in the same breath this is now a second home to me and over these last two years I have loved every second of it. The good and the bad, the easy and the hard. I feel like I am becoming a little bit closer to what God really wants me to become, a long way off still but a little closer. President you have been instrumental in helping me so much. I have always felt your love and your encouragement. It has made me always want to do my best and to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ. Thank you so much for your sacrifice and devotion, words can’t express my thanks for all you have done.

Family, there have been so many amazing miracles this last week, I can't even begin to describe them or explain them to you. They is one scripture that does kinda explain how I felt,  "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." 1 Nephi 4:6 We were truly led by the spirit to find those that would hear the voice of the lord. It was amazing to me as well because it wasn't like we knew for sure which way to go our exactly who to talk with but we had slight impressions and thoughts to do or go a certain way and it was the spirit guiding our path. It was so exciting as well as another scripture describes what happened, "Yea, and even all they who wrought miracles wrought them by faith, even those who were before Christ and also those who were after... And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith; wherefore they first believed in the Son of God." -Ether 12:16&18

This is the essence of what I have really come to learn over this time of missionary service, Jesus Christ is indeed the very son of God, the only begotten of the Father in the flesh. He spoke to the prophets of old and revealed the great Plan of Salvation, he then came in the meridian of time to show us, truly show us a more excellent way, a perfect way to live. With this great life he lived he performed the one act that makes everything else work, it sorts it all out and he was the only one who could do such a thing as to suffer and bleed and die and then take his life back up. He lives I know it with my whole soul, the spirit has truly borne witness of this eternal truth to me time and time again. He is at the head of this work and this his only true and living church. I love knowing we have more witness than just the Bible or even just the Bible and the Book of MormonYea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." I really love the scriptures as it really describes how I feel, I can connect with it and I understand a portion of how Ammon must of felt. My cup of joy and happiness runs over at this very time. "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our ajoy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some. Now behold, we can look forth and see the afruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are bmany; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us."Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all apowerball wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a cmerciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. Now if this is aboasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a bbranch of the tree of Israel, and has been clost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, dwanderers in a strange land. Now my brethren, we see that God is amindful of every bpeople, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." These scriptures are amazing. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is so true, It is more true than I think we can even realize. 
Family I love you, thank you for everything you have always done for me as a missionary and for my entire life. I am excited to see you and to further the work of the lord in our own land. Have a wonderful week love others in the way the Savior loved us. 


Elder Allred
ELSM 08-10

No comments: